TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. On the day of your tandem skydive you will be required to sign the Tandem Student Parachutist Medical Declaration form before you are able to jump. If you have any of the pre-existing medical conditions listed on the form you need to have this Tandem Medical Declaration of Fitness Form signed by a GP. Please remember to bring this with you on the day of your jump or we won’t be able to let you jump. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or a disability, please let us know well in advance of your jump date so that we can ensure the team are fully briefed to meet your needs. Some disabilities may need an assessment at the centre prior to jump date by our Chief Instructor. Please contact us if you have any questions.
2. At Skydiveiow the maximum weight for a tandem student is 18 stone (114kg) fully clothed with weight being in proportion to height.
If you are between 15 (95kg) and 18 stone, you will need to contact us in advance to check your suitability to jump.
Please note it is a regulation that we weigh all jumpers on the day of their jump and if they exceed 18 stone, they will be unable to jump.
Due to higher operational costs, there will be a surcharge for people over 15 stone. 15-16 stone £10 per person, 16-17 stone £20 per person and 17-18 stone £30 per person.
3.The National Governing Body for Skydiving (sport parachuting) – British Skydiving regulations state that the minimum age to participate in Skydiving is 16, so anyone who would like to tandem skydive with us must be at least 16 years old on the day of the jump. There is no maximum age limit for a tandem skydive.
4.Anyone between the age of 16 and 18 must have the British Skydiving Membership Agreement Form (Parental Consent Form) signed. They will also need the Tandem Medical Declaration of Fitness Form witnessed by a parent or legal guardian (unless GP declaration form needed). Please ensure you bring both forms, signed, with you on the day of your jump as failure to do so will mean you won’t be able to jump with us.
5.Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and lace up shoes (e.g. trainers), failure to wear the correct clothing maybe result in you being unable to jump.
6.Anyone wanting to do a tandem will be assessed by the Chief Instructor (CI) and/or Instructor on the day of the jump, it is their responsibility to make the final decision to allow or refuse to go ahead with the jump. This assessment takes place in our simulated training environment where you are kitted up and placed into a harness to evaluate all abilities.
7. All skydives must be pre-booked. Skydiveiow generally operates June to September and tandem skydives take place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 10,000ft skydives take place on all operating days.
Your skydive will take place at Skydiveiow, Sandown Airport, Scotchells Brook Lane Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 OJP.
8.Please ensure you arrive at the Skydiveiow tandem skydive centre at your allocated arrival time to complete the training and administration. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your booking fee and being unable to carry out your jump.
9.Whilst we aim to have you jumping as close to your arrival time as possible, we ask you to allow the full day in case of weather changes. On average, days last between 3-5 hours. We will keep you fully informed as to the status of the weather and give you as many options as we can. Skydiveiow reserve the right to change the order of the tandem skydives on the day without prior notice.
10.Skydiving is a weather dependent activity and on occasion pre-booked jumps may need to be rescheduled due to weather. Skydiveiow cannot accept any responsibility for the changing or postponing of days of operation due to unsuitable skydiving weather or other factors outside of our control. If it is the case that your skydive date is affected by weather, you will be able to transfer your booking to an alternative suitable date at no extra charge.
We do not issue refunds due to bad weather but will reschedule your jump. Conditions need to be suitable for skydiving to commence, and it may be necessary to stop operating when conditions deteriorate. Your skydive booking is valid for a year and it is your responsibility to ensure that you skydive within the year of your skydive purchase date.
11. You may reschedule the date of your jump at anytime for no extra charge as long as it is not within 14 days of your jump date.
Rescheduling within 14 days of your jump date is subject to an administration fee of £30.
12. Skydiveiow reserve the right to ask anyone behaving unsuitably to leave the premises. This includes anyone believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to jump.
13. The rules and regulations of the centre and airfield must be adhered to at all times.
14. In the unlikely event of a full video and/or pictures failure, a refund will be issued for the payments thereof, however no refund or re-jump will be issued for the tandem skydive. Due to the nature of skydiving, certain aspects of the media are not guaranteed (e.g. landing footage), as safety is our primary concern.
15. Purchased media will be sent via a link to the supplied email address only. You must download your media package within 30 days of jumping before expiring. This can be downloaded on a computer using WiFi. We do not supply any hard copies of the media purchased. Whilst we aim to supply your media on the same day of your jump, this cannot be guaranteed.
If you would not like your media shared anywhere, please let the Team know on the day or by emailing email@example.com
16. The Team will attempt to capture some boarding and/ or landing photos of every student. These are separate to any camera packages we offer and are available to purchase. These are sent via a link to the supplied contact details, normally the same day. These are not guaranteed.
BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY
17. All bookings are fully refundable within 7 days of original purchase date. Deposits/booking fees are then non-refundable after 7 days of purchase date and must be used for the full booking within 12 months from date of payment.
COVID-19 update we are honouring all bookings for future jump dates if your jump date needs to be moved.
We have added precautions in place that are subject to change with Government and British Skydiving guidance (such as the use of gloves and goggles, tandem students can no longer take control of canopy, arrival times, flight loads, customer age and health restrictions etc.).
18. Once you have arrived on site and have completed all your induction paperwork, payments are not refundable or transferable. All Administration is necessary and must be completed before jumping. Paperwork is valid for 12 months from the date signed. If you are unable to jump (e.g. due to unsuitable weather conditions), another date that is agreeable for both parties will be arranged, no refunds will be issued. It is your responsibility to organise another date to complete your skydive within this validity period.
19. If you are within a year of the booking date and more than 14 days from your jump date you can cancel your booking but will lose any deposits/booking fee that you have paid. If you booked over a year ago or your jump is less than 14 days away, you are not entitled to any refund. Anybody who has attended the centre and has completed their introduction and paperwork is not entitled to a refund and must skydive within 1 year of completing the paperwork. No extensions will be given.
20. Skydiveiow require full balance payments 30 days before your scheduled jump date. This can be paid on your personal page or via the telephone.
21. You have the right to return any merchandise within 14 days of purchase if it is faulty or unwanted. It must be returned in the same condition it was received in or no refund will be issued. All prices are subject to change without notice.
22. No refund or repeat attempt will be issued after a refusal to jump and exit the aircraft.
23. Next Day delivery available on orders made before 1pm Monday – Friday. Orders made after this time will be dispatched the next working day.
24. Skydiveiow 10,000ft Gift Experience Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue unless otherwise stated. You will be emailed all the details about how to redeem the voucher in your voucher purchase confirmation email. The recipient simply needs to give the team a call on 07548324910 to redeem their voucher against their chosen date for their tandem skydive.
25. The ‘Deposit’ for a skydive voucher covers the £50 deposit/booking fee for a skydive – the recipient will need to pay the additional cost for a skydive from 10,000ft. The deposit/booking fee voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
26. Vouchers may be extended up to 6 months beyond the 6/12 month validity period for a cost of £30 unless authorised otherwise.
VOUCHER CANCELLATION POLICY
27. All vouchers are fully refundable within 7 days of original purchase date. After this time frame, vouchers are fully non-refundable, non-transferable and have no alternative cash value. It is your responsibility to organise a jump date within the validity of the voucher.
28. Full refunds will be given if the intended voucher recipient has a medical condition that prevents them from jumping. Refunds will be given on the production of the British Skydiving medical form signed by a medical professional. Excluding this, gift vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable and are not suitable for resale.
29. For multiple jumps, we offer discount off 10,000ft jump only. If you book a 2nd tandem skydive, we will discount this by £30 off and if you book a 3rd tandem skydive, we will discount this by £50. This must be completed within the same year as your original signed British Skydiving paperwork. If after this date, there will only be £10 off. These discounts are subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice.
30. We offer group discounts for a Team larger than 6 people. A group of 6-10 receive £10 off per person, 10> £20 off per person. These discounts are only valid against a 10,000ft jump.
31. If you quote a name of someone who you know has jumped before, we can take £10 off your 10,000ft jump. This recommend a friend discount can only be used once, and is linked to the original jumpers booking.
32. All discounts cannot be combined or used in conjunction with other offers and/ or promotions.
33. If fundraising for a good cause, we offer £20 discount off 10,000ft. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and/ or promotions.
34. If you are jumping for a partnered charity, we recommend setting up an online fundraising page as all funds you raise will automatically go to the charity of your choice. Please remember you are unable to use any money raised to pay for your skydive.
35. If you have a target set by the partnered charity you have to hit this 4 weeks before the date of your jump to ensure these funds are online for the charity to see. If you have been unable to hit the minimum fundraising target you will be required to pay the remaining balance yourself. It is up to the individual charity to decide the fundraising target and how much they would like to pay towards a 10,000ft jump. Please refer to your chosen partnered charity page to see your target.
36. If you are jumping for a charity we are not partnered with, or a partnered charity without a target, it is your responsibility to pay for the full jump cost yourself unless otherwise agreed from the charity themselves.
39. All flights are provided by skydiveiow who provide us with their highly skilled Pilot team as well as some of the best parachuting aircraft in the UK to get you to your skydiving height safely, quickly and in comfort. Each flight is invoiced separately which is included in the price of each candidates skydive. Should you require a receipt from skydiveiow please email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
40. Skydiveiow act as an intermediary between yourself as the skydiver and the British Skydiving, providing you with temporary membership to the British Skydiving and 3rdparty insurance. If you have any questions about this membership or the insurance provided, please contact the team on email@example.com.
What we collect
We may collect the following information: name, contact information including email address and demographic information such as postcode.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping – We may periodically send promotional emails and texts about events, new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Security – We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you are booking to jump with one of our charity partners we will inform the charity on your behalf that you have booked to jump in aid of their cause. We will share your name, email address and phone number with the charity partner so that they can contact you with fundraising ideas and with details about the event. If you do not wish for your data to be shared in this way you can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please put OPT OUT in the subject and give us your booking ID.
Controlling your personal information – You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send an email to info@Skydiveiow.co.uk
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Birthdays, marriage proposals, anniversaries, stag and hen parties - whatever the occasion a tandem
GROUPS - SAVE UP TO £25PP
Use our team builder to get everyone together.